Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Demand Justice Initiative seeks a Senior Advisor for Digital to help build our movement to restore the ideological balance and legitimacy of the federal courts. This is a senior role in an advocacy non-profit that continues to grow. You will be responsible for leading our efforts across digital platforms, including social media, email, website, and online fundraising. The Senior Advisor for Digital will lead an internal team of strategists and creatives, as well as external creative partners, and have responsibilities for growing the program to meet the organization’s objectives.
This position is based in Washington, DC, and reports to the Head of Operations. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage day-to-day digital communications activities for Demand Justice and the internal processes related to those activities.
- Develop and execute digital advocacy plans, including creative concepts, strategies, and tactics, to advance Demand Justice Initiative’s goals.
- Work in partnership with the leadership and digital teams to create paid media budgets and strategies to increase Demand Justice’s reach to key audiences.
- Develop internal processes for managing the efficient ideation, creation, and execution of digital campaign plans from concept to completion.
- Measure the effectiveness of digital advocacy efforts, communicating regularly to leadership, and making decisions to optimize the program.
- Manage digital staff and external vendors, and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all digital programs and regularly communicate to leadership.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- 6-8 years in a digital advocacy role. Political campaign or digital agency experience is preferred.
- Experience leading a digital advocacy program across multiple channels.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with sharp attention to detail and process.
- Experience managing a team and effectively delegating responsibilities.
- Excellent project management skills. Experience working in tools like Slack, Asana, Action Network, and ActBlue.
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Senior Advisor for Digital” in the subject line.
New Venture Fund Careers
Demand Justice Initiative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.