Location: Washington, DC
Demand Justice Initiative seeks a law student to serve as a paid Law Clerk to help with research and writing projects, along with some administrative and logistical tasks. They will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of our work, from issue campaigns to coalition management and stakeholder engagement.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Conduct legal and policy research, draft memoranda, and support research and drafting of public education materials, such as fact sheets and talking points.
- nominees, and confirmed judges, in order to better inform partner organizations and the public at large.
- Aid with administrative and logistical tasks, including data entry and clerical duties and helping with possible event planning and execution.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Demonstrated interest in our courts and the judiciary
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong research and writing skills
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Eager to learn and engage
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Current law student (preferably beyond first year for school-year Law Clerks)
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Prior experience in the progressive advocacy community and/or on Capitol Hill
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Law Clerk Applicant” in the subject line.