Location: Washington, D.C. (some travel required)
Reports to: Deputy Organizing Director
Status: Part-time (10 hrs/wk plus occasional weekend travel), Temporary, Non-exempt
Demand Justice is looking for energetic and passionate individuals ready to engage candidates, activists and thought leaders on the critical need to restore balance to the Supreme Court through advocacy. Individuals will travel and engage 2020 candidates in key early states, and influencers and activists in the D.C area. This paid position allows for an exciting chance to be part of the conversation around reproductive rights, voting rights, and other key issues facing the Supreme Court and other federal benches, as well as an immersive experience in campaigns and grassroots organizing.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Visibility and Vibrancy
- Elevating the importance of court reform via multiple platforms
- Traveling with a team to key states at key moments to be a vibrant and high energy force for Demand Justice and our theory of change
- Interacting with candidates and supporters around judicial issues and Supreme Court activism
- Tabling at events as well as canvassing high traffic areas of D.C
- Capturing photos and video during events of candidates and fellow supporters
- Posting to social media to expand the scope of Demand Justice’s efforts to start a conversation on the need for court reform
Additional tasks may include:
- Support staff in researching, writing proposals, and managing office operations
- Assist in content and graphics production for social media and key events
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work individually and in a self-directed manner, while also demonstrating an ability to work on a team
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and passionate about progressive politics
- Prior canvassing experience preferred
How to Apply
This is a paid position, with an hourly salary of $15 and all travel expenses funded by Demand Justice. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Demand Justice is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.