Location: Washington, DC
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Demand Justice Initiative seeks an Executive Assistant to provide critical operational support to the Executive Director and Chief Counsel and ensure the smooth, day-to-day functioning of the organization as a whole. This individual will carry out a range of assignments, from administrative support to assisting with grant writing and managing vendor contracts. The individual will have the chance to interact with and learn about all aspects of the organization, from digital strategy to field organizing to fundraising. This person’s role has the potential to grow quickly over time.
The position is based in Washington, DC, and reports to the Head of Operations. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Executive Director and Chief Counsel.
- Assist in the timely preparation of grant applications and donor materials and in the processing of vendor contracts.
- Participate in strategy meetings, including by maintaining the agenda and keeping meeting notes to ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Perform research and writing assignments under the direction of the Communications and Digital Departments.
- Provide operations assistance, such as handling the meeting reservation system, managing reimbursement requests and liaising with our building’s property management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to fast-moving situations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant Applicant” in the subject line.
Demand Justice Initiative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.