Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Demand Justice seeks an Executive Assistant to provide critical operational support to the Executive Director to ensure the smooth, day-to-day functioning of the organization as a whole. The individual will have the chance to interact with and learn about all aspects of the organization, from digital strategy to field organizing to fundraising. The position is based in Washington D.C. and reports to the Chief of Staff. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Executive Director, such as maintaining his schedule, managing calltime and follow-up tasks, and arranging travel.
- Provide general support to the Chief of Staff, including project support and data entry.
- Assist in the timely preparation of donor materials and presentations.
- Participate in strategy meetings by circulating agendas and keeping meeting notes to ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Support external meetings and events through logistical planning, material collection, and setting up conference call and webinar technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to fast-moving situations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently.
- Commitment to Demand Justice’s mission.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – 55,000 as well as a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Demand Justice is dedicated to building a team of diverse individuals and committed to providing a workplace of mutual respect and inclusion. Demand Justice’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.