Location: Washington, DC
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Demand Justice Initiative seeks an Executive Assistant to provide critical operational support to the Executive Director and leadership team and ensure the smooth, day-to-day functioning of the organization as a whole. The individual will have the chance to interact with and learn about all aspects of the organization, from digital strategy to field organizing to fundraising. The position is based in Washington D.C. and reports to the Chief of Staff. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Executive Director, such as maintaining his schedule, managing calltime and follow-up tasks, and arranging travel.
- Provide general support to the rest of the Demand Justice Initiative leadership team and Chief of Staff, including data entry and credit card reconciliation.
- Assist in the timely preparation of donor materials and presentations.
- Participate in strategy meetings by circulating agendas and keeping meeting notes to ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Support external meetings and events through logistical planning, material collection, and setting up conference call and webinar technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to fast-moving situations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently.
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant Applicant” in the subject line.
Demand Justice Initiative is dedicated to building a team of diverse individuals and committed to providing a workplace of mutual respect and inclusion.