Demand Justice Initiative seeks a Digital Director to help build our movement to restore the ideological balance and legitimacy of the federal courts. This is a senior role in a quickly growing advocacy non-profit that is responsible for leading our efforts across digital platforms, including social media, email, website, and online fundraising. The digital director will lead an internal team of strategists and creatives, as well as external creative partners, and have responsibilities for growing the program to meet the organization’s objectives.
This position is based in Washington, DC, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage day-to-day digital communications activities for Demand Justice and the internal processes related to those activities.
- Develop and execute digital advocacy plans, including creative concepts, strategies, and tactics, to advance Demand Justice Initiative’s goals.
- Work in partnership with the leadership and digital teams to create paid media budgets and strategies to increase Demand Justice’s reach to key audiences.
- Develop internal processes for managing the efficient ideation, creation, and execution of digital campaign plans from concept to completion.
- Measure the effectiveness of digital advocacy efforts, communicating regularly to leadership, and making decisions to optimize the program.
- Manage digital staff and external vendors, and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all digital programs and regularly communicate to leadership.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 8-10 years in a digital advocacy role. Political campaign or digital agency experience is preferred.
- Experience leading a digital advocacy program across multiple channels.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with sharp attention to detail and process.
- Experience managing a team and effectively delegating responsibilities.
- Excellent project management skills. Experience working in tools like Slack, Asana, Action Network, and ActBlue.
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
How to Apply
To apply, please introduce yourself and your qualifications by completing the application on our website.