Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Demand Justice Initiative seeks a Chief of Staff to take a lead role in the day-to-day planning and execution of our various projects and initiatives aimed at restoring ideological balance and legitimacy to the federal courts. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
This position is based in Washington, D.C., and reports to the Executive Director. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Facilitate interdepartmental coordination on key organizational projects and initiatives, including by leading teamwide meetings with clear agendas, in order to ensure regular information-sharing and timely completion of tasks.
- Act as strategic thought partner alongside the organization’s senior leadership, helping to translate our overarching mission into specific strategies and tactics.
- Identify and put in place project management systems and tools that can assist in the team’s execution of assignments and help chart progress on project goals.
- With Executive Director on the preparation of donor materials, including slide decks, grant applications and reports.
- Track organizational accomplishments and regularly curate communications materials documenting our impact for outside stakeholders.
- Serve as a backup point-of-contact on behalf of the Executive Director regarding internal approvals and as a representative at certain meetings and events.
- Work with the Head of Operations to help recruit personnel to fill critical new roles on our expanding team.
- Remain flexible to perform additional duties, as required.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- At least 6-8 years in campaign management, advocacy, or similar role.
- Proven success in helping bring a team together to carry out multi-faceted projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and the persistence to identify solutions to challenging tasks.
- Detail-oriented, with a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to set clear priorities and manage conflicting pressures by handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and seeing projects through to their successful completion.
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Chief of Staff Applicant” in the subject line.
New Venture Fund Careers
Demand Justice is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.